I’m a little late to the party, but I finally got a chance to put together my list of seven SL facts about me. Berry started this blog meme and it’s been fun reading what everyone has to share. So here’s mine, and if you haven’t done so already, head on over to Berry’s post and do your own You don’t need a blog to do this. You can share on Flickr, Facebook or whatever social media platform suits you.
1. This seems to be a common thread throughout a lot of the lists I have read so far: This is not my first avatar. I don’t think I have ever really mentioned that to anyone before. I created my first avatar back in 2008. I stuck around for a few weeks before I logged out one day and just forgot about it. My life was kind of a mess back then and I didn’t have the focus, energy and patience to learn SL. In early 2009, I was sitting on the subway on my way to a job I hated when I happened to pick up a discarded PC Gaming magazine on the seat beside me. There was an article about SL in it. I don’t remember what the article said, but I do remember the screen shots of Lost Gardens of Apollo and Japan Tempura which called to me in some strange way. That evening, I got home to log back on my first avatar I had created months earlier and I couldn’t even remember the name I chose. No bother, I just created a new one and as the old saying goes, the rest is history. I don’t even really consider that first avatar much at all in my SL history since I didn’t do much other than flounder around the Isabel info hud.
2. You might hate me for this next one…I hate getting tagged for blog memes. I’m waiting for you all to hate me now but let me explain: I specifically hate getting randomly tagged for memes like blog coffee dates and other things like that because it has happened many times on my other non-SL blog. When I ask questions about how it works, I never get an answer but I keep getting tagged! I don’t actually hate blog memes, in fact I enjoy ones such as this one where it is an open invitation to participate with no pressure like I’m gonna break the chain mail that has gone around the world a thousand times if I don’t participate. That sounds so dumb, but there it is.
3. I have never had a job in SL. I have no ambitions, no goals, no aspirations for virtual world greatness. I’m your classic under-achiever in the virtual word. But lately I have been feeling like I need to step out of my comfort zone and try some new things, so maybe I will get a SL job. Does anyone have any job leads?
4. I have never been partnered in SL. Well, there was that one time I partnered my alt just for the hell of it but I fly solo in SL, I’m a lone wolf, so I dumped my alt. I think “partner” can mean a lot of things in SL, not just a romantic partner. I have one long time friend who I suppose could be considered a partner like person in my virtual life, but I hesitate to call us partners because people tend to make wrong assumptions like I am deceiving my rl husband and I am lacking in dignity and moral character. This is not at all true. I know a lot of people don’t understand this. All I can say is that you can never really know for sure what goes on between two people and that’s all I have to say about that.
5. I’m kind of OCD about my inventory. I hardly ever let it go over 30,000 items and I have been known to delete entire folders of stuff in one click. But I never miss the stuff I delete so this works for me.
6. My contacts list is huge, yet there are maybe two or three people that I i.m on a regular basis, when they are around. I hardly ever i.m anyone else because most people I know have some kind of purpose in SL like creating art, hosting events, or doing something important, and I’m afraid that I will disturb them. Unlike me, who is usually just wandering aimlessly, so feel free to ping me anytime!
7. I’m in love with my avatar. I love dressing her up, changing her hair and watching her dance. I tried to make her look just like me, but with better boobs and a great ass. Well, okay I guess she doesn’t look like me that much, but at least I got the glasses and the freckles right.
P.S – Actually, my real life freckles are way better.